Dear Parents and Carers,
We’re taking part in NSPCC Number Day!
We are delighted to be supporting the NSPCC by taking part in Number Day on Friday 7th May 2021.
Everything the NSPCC does protects children today and prevents abuse tomorrow.
The NSPCC needs our support more than ever. By raising money, we can help to fund their vital services such as Childline – the helpline that’s always there for children and young people whatever their problem or concern.
Making maths meaningful!
Number Day is a great way to make maths fun and bring about a positive, ‘can-do’ attitude towards it.
· We will start the day through a whole school assembly led by Miss Darley, introducing our Number Day.
· All classes will celebrate national number day by having a maths led morning or afternoon that involves developing an aspect of our DREAMs ethos.
· Within this time, they will have the opportunity to take part in team building games/ investigative games that link to a topic of maths e.g shape, number, measure.
· There will be a competition for the most creative board game across classes. The winners will be announced in the following Monday’s assembly via TEAMS in school.
· Children will then take part in a number morning/ afternoon within their class.
· We are also having a fun day of maths activities and we will be taking part in Dress up for Digits. Pupils are asked to wear an item of clothing with a number on it (football shirt, cap, netball shirt or even a onesie!). Or get even more creative by dressing in a maths or numbers theme.
· To help raise money for the NSPCC, we are asking for a suggested donation of 50p and we’d love everyone in the school to take part in this special event. Please bring your donation to NSPCC on the day.
It all adds up!
We’re really looking forward to all the fun of Number Day, and we really appreciate your support. All the money we raise at Hunslet Moor will make an enormous difference to children today and help NSPCC in their work for children.
Assistant Head Teacher & Numeracy Leader