We would like to share some important information before the start of our new term. Please can we remind you that we have two training days for staff on Monday 6th and Tuesday 7th September.
The first day back for children is Wednesday 8th September.
Please see timings for drop off and collection of children:
Reception- Year 6
Arrival: Main gates open: 8.40am
Classroom door open: 8.45am
Collection: Main gates open: 2.45pm
Classroom doors open: 2.50pm
Main gate opens for the morning session: 8.40am
Classroom doors: 8.45am
Morning session: 8.45am- 11.45am
Main gate opens: 11.40am- for dismal of children attending the morning session
Classroom doors open- 11.45am
Main gates open for the afternoon session: 11.55am
Classroom door opens for the afternoon session: 12pm
Afternoon session: 12pm- 3pm
Main gates opens: 2.55pm
Classroom doors: 3pm
Please can we ask for your support in continuing to maintain sensible social distancing when waiting for gates to open and also when moving around the school site. We want to ensure that we are keeping children, families and staff as safe as possible. If you would like to wear a face mask we would welcome this also.
Please can we ask that you the following entrances/exits to the school site:
- when dropping off/collecting children in Nursery please use the separate Nursery gate
- when dropping off/collecting children in Reception & KS1 please use the gate on Burton Road (opposite Tesco)
- when dropping off/collecting children in KS2 (Y3-Y6) please use either the gate opposite the school office on Fairford Avenue OR the gate on Burton Avenue
- if you have children in both Rec/Ks1 and in KS2 please can we suggest you use the gate on Burton Road (opposite Tesco) and make your way around the building
- if you are dropping off children in Reception, Year 1 or Year 2 we are happy for you to exit through the same gate on Burton Road.
Please see the map below:
There will be school staff on gates and the playground to support parents/carers by showing you which classrooms entrances/exits are for your child/children.
We will continue to provide an offer of breakfast for all children when they arrive each morning.
To ensure that we are keeping children, families and staff as safe as possible, please can we remind you that you should not be bringing your child/children onsite if they have any of the following symptoms:
- a high temperature– this means feeling hot to touch on chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough– this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to sense of smell or taste– this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
There have been some national changes to the way schools respond to the COVID-19 pandemic:
- from the 19th July schools were no longer responsible for carrying out contact tracing. Close contacts of any positive COVID cases will now be identified and contacted by NHS Test and Trace
- from the 16th August, children under the age of 18 and adults who are fully vaccinated will no longer be required to isolate if identified as a close contact unless informed to do so by Test and Trace
School staff have been working over the summer holiday to prepare the school for children returning, including a deep clean of all areas and we have also worked on updating our whole school risk assessment to ensure that we are keeping children, families and staff as safe as possible and minimising risk where we can. You can see a copy of this updated risk assessment on our school website, please click on the link below:
School will continue to follow the Government and NHS expectations and send home, as soon as possible, any child or member of staff who is displaying symptoms in school. The Government and NHS expect families and staff to follow guidance on self-isolating and test and trace. Please see a link to this guidance below:
Please can we ask for your help in limiting the number of adults coming into school by asking that you telephone the school office wherever possible rather than arriving at the school office. Please can we ask that appointments to visits are made in advance via telephone.
Please can we remind you that all children are expected to begin the new term in full uniform. Uniform can be ordered from design school uniform. In support of all families, children will be issued with a free PE kit in September which will be a t-shirt and a pair of jogging pants per child. Children are expected to come to school in PE kit on their PE days. Class teachers will share with you and children when PE days are when we start our new term. Kits will be given to children once back in school in September. Children will only be issued with one kit, so if it is lost or your child grows out of it, families will need to purchase new PE Kit.
Thank you to all who are prompt in making dinner payments. Please can we take this opportunity to remind you that our expectation is that all meals are paid for weekly and in advance – on the Monday for the week ahead. Mrs Tansey will continue to contact any parents with any money owing and your prompt attention in this matter will be greatly appreciated. Any balances remaining unpaid by the beginning of the new academic year, will be passed to Leeds City Council for collection, which could result in administration.
If your child is moving into Year 3, the Universal Infant Free School Meal scheme comes to an end, so you will need to start paying for meals unless your child qualifies for free meals through any benefits you are in receipt of. The cost of a school meal is not increasing so will remain £2.05 per day for children in Nursery and £2.40 for children in Year 3 to Year 6.
We will be sending home a letter with all Year 5 and Year 6 Pupils on their first day back to school that enables you to give parental consent for your child/children (in Y5/Y6) to walk to school and home from school. This is something we ask for parents/carers to complete annually – please can we remind you that until this letter has been received your child will not have permission to walk to/from school (even if this was in place last year).
Staff are excited to welcome children back after the summer holiday and also welcome our new starters. We are very much looking forward to seeing you all on Wednesday 8th September!
Simon Crawford & Hannah Darley