The links between starting each day with a healthy and nutritious breakfast and increased concentration, energy, positive behaviour and success in learning and achieving is clear.
Hunslet Moor Primary School’s Breakfast Club is provided in association with the Greggs Foundation. It is with their support that we are able to offer this valuable service to our parents and carers free of charge. It is staffed by parental volunteers and School Support Staff.
We are open every day from 8.00am until the start of school, and are based in the Community Room and school hall. We ask that children attending arrive no later than 8.30am to enable us to ensure that children have adequate time to receive breakfast before the start of school.
At Breakfast Club children will be offered cereal with milk, toast with a choice of toppings, fruit and fruit juice or water. We offer a range of engaging activities to stimulate children mentally and physically and to encourage positive interactions and play. Our Breakfast Club staff plan team building activities and games and children have the opportunity to play board games, build Lego and Kinnex, and be creative with art and crafts.
We can see the benefits of children regularly attending our Breakfast Club;
- Children have improved health and nutrition.
- Children have improved attendance and punctuality.
- Children are able to socialise and make friends.
- Children build positive and respectful relationships with school staff and other children.
- Parents and carers build positive relationships with our school community
- Children are able to concentrate better and make better progress in their learning and achievements
Places at our Breakfast Club are limited and we do operate a waiting list so if you do require a place for your child or you have any other questions please do not hesitate to contact the school office.