The links between starting each day with a healthy and nutritious breakfast and increased concentration, energy, positive behaviour and success in learning and achieving is clear.
Hunslet Moor Primary School’s Breakfast Club is provided in association with the Greggs Foundation. It is with their support that we are able to offer this valuable service to our parents and carers free of charge. It is staffed by parental volunteers and School Support Staff.
As we’re temporarily unable to provide Breakfast Club, we are offering breakfast to every child when they come into class each morning.
The children have the option of toast, fruit and yogurt with juice or water also available.
By ensuring each child has the offer of breakfast, we can see the benefits to the children in positive ways;
- Children have improved health and nutrition.
- Children have improved attendance and punctuality.
- Children are able to socialise and make friends.
- Children build positive and respectful relationships with school staff and other children.
- Children are able to concentrate better and make better progress in their learning and achievements
We will let you know when we are in a position to open Breakfast Club again. Places at our Breakfast Club are limited and we do operate a waiting list so if you do require a place for your child or you have any other questions please do not hesitate to contact the school office.