In line with Government guidance, SATs have been cancelled in 2020 and 2021. Below is an example of what to expect from SATs week and how to support your child.
Y2 and Y6 SATs Week
Our children in Year 2 and Year 6 will be taking their Statutory Assessment Tests in May. These tests are used alongside teacher assessments to assess the progress and attainment of children.
From Tuesday 7th May and throughout the month of May our Year 2 children will be completing their assessments.
From Monday 14th May Year 6 will be sitting their SATs assessments. In school, we will be doing all we can to support your child(ren) to ensure they can perform at their best for each of these important assessments, but we would like to ask for your support at home too. We are very conscious that Ramadan will fall at some point during Y6 SATs week this year. As a school we always support our older children’s decision to take part in fasting, however we ask for your support in ensuring your child does not begin fasting until the final assessments are complete (from Friday 18th May onwards).
There will be a special Breakfast Club organised for our children in Year 2 and Year 6 on the days of their assessments, further details will follow.
At home, you can support your Year 2 and Year 6 child by …
- Encouraging your child to have plenty of quality sleep by going to bed early and not using electronic devices at least one hour before bed.
- Ensuring your child arrives on time every day. By coming to the SATs Breakfast Club each day, the children will not only arrive in plenty of time but will also enjoy a nutritious and energising breakfast.
- If your child is not able to join us at SATs Breakfast Club each day, please ensure they have a healthy nutritious breakfast at home to ensure they have the energy and focus to succeed on their assessments.
- Bananas are a good source of energy and will help to keep your child focussed throughout the day. Other excellent sources of brain boosting foods are oily fish, walnuts, blueberries, eggs and wholegrains.
Year 2 and Year 6 SATs parent information meetings;
Our Year 2 and 6 team, with Miss Wicks and Mr Crawford leading, are here to support both you and your child, so if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. There will be an information meeting for parents/ carers to share to come along with your child on:
- Y6 Friday 20th April at 3.25. Key information and guidance will be shared in this meeting about the Y6 SATs week.
- Y2 Tuesday 1st May at 3.25. Key information and guidance will be shared about the arrangements for the Y2 assessments taking place in May.
If you are unable to attend this meeting but would like further information please speak to your child’s class teacher or Mr Crawford/Miss Wicks.