Governors Statement September 2016: Governance Statement 2016
In accordance with the Government’s requirement for all governing bodies, the three core strategic functions of the Hunslet Moor Primary School Governing Body are:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Holding the Headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils;
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
The Governing Body of Hunslet Moor Primary School was re-constituted in 2014 and is now made up of 2 Staff governors (including the Headteacher), 2 elected Parent governors, 1 Local Authority governor and 5 Co-opted representatives. Co-opted representatives are appointed by the Governing Body and are people who, in the opinion of the Governing Body, have the skills required to contribute to the effective governance and success of the school. All five of our Co-opted representatives have a keen interest and connections with the local community.
The full Governing body meets 4 times a year. There are 3 Committees that meet twice each term:
- Resource Committee focuses on finance, staffing, property management and health and safety;
- Teaching & Learning Committee focuses on teaching and learning matters including target setting, standards and achievement and monitoring teaching and learning curriculum provision; and
- Pupil Support Committee focuses on SEN, safeguarding, behaviour management, attendance, equality compliance, extra-curricular activities, extended provision and other partnerships resulting from the development of Children’s Services.
We have one committee which meets on a yearly basis which is the Pay Review Committee, a sub-committee of the Resource Committee, consisting of governors, two of whom are Performance Management governors.
Our Governing Body
|Governor||Category||Term of Office (inc. date of appointment)||Responsibilities and Committees|
|Hannah Darley||Head teacher||1/9/13-1/9/33||Teaching and Learning|
|Emma Marshall||LA Representative||23/10/09 – 23/10/18||Chair of Governors
Special Educational Needs
|Minnie Rahman||Parent Governor||21/12/16 – 21/12/20||Appeals
Teaching and Learning
|Halima Ali||Parent Governor||01/11/17 – 01/11/18||Appeals
|Jane Medley||Co-opted Representative||4/9/14 – 4/9/18||Chair of Teaching and Learning|
|Jason Waddington||Co-opted Representative||4/9/14 – 4/9/18||Chair of Pupil Support|
|John Rees||Co-opted Representative||4/9/14 – 4/9/18||Performance Management
|Dennis Holmes||Co-opted Representative||4/9/14 – 4/9/18||Looked After Children
|Andrew Fuller||Co-opted Representative||4/9/14 – 4/9/18||Vice Chair
Chair of Resources
|Simon Crawford||Staff Governor||7/9/15 – 28/11/21||Teaching and Learning|
We always welcome suggestions, feedback and ideas from parents – please contact the Chair of Governors, Miss Marshall, via the School Office.
Please read the Governance Statement 2016