Please find a link here to the Governors Attendance in 2017-2018: Governors-Attendance-2017-2018 (4)
In accordance with the Government’s requirement for all governing bodies, the three core strategic functions of the Hunslet Moor Primary School Governing Body are:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Holding the Headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils;
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
The Governing Body of Hunslet Moor Primary School was re-constituted in 2014 and is now made up of 2 Staff governors (including the Headteacher), 2 elected Parent governors, 1 Local Authority governor and 4 Co-opted representatives (we currently have a vacancy for a co-opted governor). Co-opted representatives are appointed by the Governing Body and are people who, in the opinion of the Governing Body, have the skills required to contribute to the effective governance and success of the school. All five of our Co-opted representatives have a keen interest and connections with the local community.
The full Governing body meets 4 times a year. There are 3 Committees that meet each term:
- Resource Committee focuses on finance, staffing, property management and health and safety;
- Teaching & Learning Committee focuses on teaching and learning matters including target setting, standards and achievement and monitoring teaching and learning curriculum provision; and
- Pupil Support Committee focuses on SEN, safeguarding, behaviour management, attendance, equality compliance, extra-curricular activities, extended provision and other partnerships resulting from the development of Children’s Services.
We have one committee which meets on a yearly basis which is the Pay Review Committee, a sub-committee of the Resource Committee, consisting of governors, two of whom are Performance Management governors.
Our Governing Body
|Name||Category||Term of Office||Responsibilities|
|Emma Marshall||LA Representative||23/10/09-
|· Chair of Governors
· Safeguarding & Child Protection
· Performance Management
|Minnie Rahman||Parent Governor||21/12/16-21/12/20||· Appeals
· Early Years
|Halima Ali||Parent Governor||01/09/2017-
· Pupil Attendance
|Jane Medley||Co-opted Representative||4/9/14-
|· Pupil Premium
|Jason Waddington||Co-opted Representative||4/9/14-
|· SEND & Inclusion
· Children Looked After
· Health & Safety
|John Rees||Co-opted Representative||4/9/14-
|· Performance Management
· Governor Training
|Dennis Holmes||Co-opted Representative||4/9/14-
|Ali Elvidge||Co-opted Representative||4/9/18||· Teaching & Learning Committee
· Performance Management
· PE & Sports Premium
|Simon Crawford||Staff Governor||2/10/13-
Clerk to the Governors: Pamela Wallis, Governors Unit, Merrion House, Leeds, LS2 8DR
We always welcome suggestions, feedback and ideas from parents – please contact the Chair of Governors, Miss Marshall, via the School Office.