At Hunslet Moor Primary School we offer breakfast to every child upon entering their class each morning.
This offer is available to our Nursery pupils in the Early Years setting, right through to Year 6 pupils in Key Stage 2. The breakfast provision is largely funded by Greggs Foundation who also work with a number of partners to secure sustainable funding.
It is with their support that we are able to offer this valuable service to our parents and carers free of charge. The children have the option of toast with a selection of jams or curds, a variety of fruit, cheese, yogurt and juice or water is also available.
The main aim of the Breakfast provision for all pupils is to ensure that every child has access to a nutritious start to the school day. By ensuring each child has the offer of breakfast, we can see the benefits to the children in many positive ways;
- Children have improved health and nutrition.
- Children have improved attendance and punctuality.
- Children are able to socialise and make friends.
- Children build positive and respectful relationships with school staff and other children.
- Children are able to concentrate better and make better progress in their learning and achievements
In partnership with Greggs Foundation, we are proud to contribute to a healthy school breakfast for all pupils each day as we truly believe this gives them fuel for learning.